Intern with us at the Technicolor AI Lab in Palo Alto !
The Technicolor AI (Artificial Intelligence) Lab in Palo Alto is looking for interns.
PhD students and motivated MS students in CS, EE, Statistics or relevant discipline, to intern with us and join a multi-disciplinary research team.
Our focus at the Technicolor AI Lab is on developing novel applications of AI and machine learning for entertainment.
You won’t spend your time tweaking an obscure part of an ad or social network here. You will develop proof-of-concept, prototypes and research that tie in machine learning and AI technologies with entertainment. Recent examples: we have developed deep learning solutions for resource-constrained edge and IoT devices, deep learning optimization for the production of special effects (Technicolor is the largest special effects company in the world), robot WiFi gateways, …
Come intern with us if you are interested in:
- Deep Learning: Resource-constrained deep learning, generative modeling using GANs and VAEs, image or sequential data modeling, robustification to adversarial examples
- Deep Compression: Deep learning for video compression
- Machine Learning: Supervised and unsupervised
- Data Mining: Classification, clustering, graphical models, feature engineering
- Optimization: Non-convex, stochastic, optimal transport
- Signal Processing and Computer Vision
- High-Dimensional Statistical Learning and Inference
- We promote long-lasting collaborations with our interns
- Interns publish in leading conferences including NIPS, ICLR, CVPR, KDD, ICML, and more
Technicolor is a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector
- We are involved with most (75%) Hollywood blockbuster movies – from Harry Potter to Guardians of the Galaxy, the Jungle Book to the Shape of Water
- #1 in Internet gateways and #2 in TV set-top boxes shipped worldwide
- 80% of consumer electronics manufacturers integrate our technologyInterested? To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
Research Areas & Projects
Deep OTT Services
Harness the deep learning revolution to build novel services and cognitive apps on resource-constrained devices such as OTT boxes and IoT devices. Transparently monitor user interactions with OTT services to analyze interests and to enhance and personalize the user experience.
VFX Production Analytics
Transform large-scale workflow and asset data collected during VFX production into business insights by creating predictive analytics which accurately forecast artist and computing resources, improve VFX production performance and optimize digital asset lifecycle.
DNA Storage Exploratory project
This exploratory project addresses digital archiving – the encoding of movies into artificial, “non-biological” DNA. DNA is unimaginably small—up to 90,000 molecules can fit into the width of one human hair—so a large digital library is totally invisible to the human eye. All you can see is the water in the tube. “This, we believe, is what the future of movie archiving will look like,” Bolot said. Read more here: